View Single Post
Old
12-24-2012, 08:12 AM
ebis

vCash: 500
Being a Slovan fan, even I have to admit that the players tend to whine about the refs too much. Even if they were right, as a professional, you simply don't do that. Not to mention that some of the players even hinted at some bias, which is definitely not true. I've seen many games this season and yes, the refs are horrible sometimes, but that's just incompetence, not any bias or corruption.

But I have to agree with Faterson, I starten noticing the Finnish referee (I always forget his name) some time ago and he has been really solid.

Also, you have to understand that Slovan is owned by a pretty shady, corrupt guy (for example, he is former communist secret service agent who was informing even on his own mother) who is quite influential, and as a result, Slovan has been favored by the refs for years in the Slovak Extraliga. I guess it will just take them (fans included) some time to adapt to the fact that this is not the case anymore. This, I believe, is the reason for Šatan's whining too. He, as a national team captain who brought all the medals to Slovakia, playing for Slovan, was pretty much untouchable in Extraliga and there was an unwritten "no-touching-Šatan" rule. He got used to it and forgot that it won't be like that in KHL.