View Single Post
Old
12-24-2012, 08:37 AM
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder

vCash: 500
Trading these guys makes no sense for the Oilers, it seems that the OP didn't think this through at all.

First of all, no team is going to trade anything of value for those guys. Maybe draft picks and non blue chip prospects and the Oilers should be at a point where they need NHL players, not more picks and prospects.

Secondly, N. Schultz is exactly what they need on the team with young puckmovers like J. Schultz and Petry needing stable, stay at home guys to pair with. Smid and N. Schultz balances out the puckmovers Whitney, J. Schultz and Petry nicely so why tinker with it unless you're getting an upgrade in return which this trade package won't net.

Also, Paajarvi's trade value is at an all time low. It makes no sense to trade him now for what would be an underwhelming return. He still has plenty of ability, this is just his 3rd season in North America, some players take a longer path to development and i would rather the Oilers see his development through than give him away for nothing.
Omark is worth nothing. Not much more needs to be said about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post

Basing it on watching Nick Schultz last season?
With all due respect, i don't think you did. He played well with the Oilers.
He brought much needed stability to the blueline that somebody like Gilbert couldn't. The defense and Dubnyk's numbers improved after Schultz's arrival and i don't think that's any coincidence.
He's a solid 2nd pairing defenseman, don't see why anybody who has seen him play would think otherwise.

Last edited by McCupofOil: 12-24-2012 at 08:44 AM.
McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote