Ott - pit
View Single Post
12-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Head Light Fluid
Join Date: Jun 2010
Originally Posted by
Ah, the Gaustad delusion. Slight problem...
1. Gonchar has a 5.5 mil salary. Gaustad doesn't. You are lucky if you can find anyone willing to take on such an out wack salary, let alone get anything in return.
2. Poile was desperate to make a splash in the playoffs.
3. Pens don't particularly need Gonchar. They already have a weak back end
The Pens are so overloaded on borderline NHL defensemen that the only trade that makes sense is to ship out one for Gonchar. The trade will be Gonchar for Straight, Bortuzzo or Lovejoy, the defenseman that the Pens must trade or lose on waivers if they don't play in the NHL. Ottawa gets a #7 guy who has some chance of turning into a top 6. Ottawa should be very happy if they could get Bortuzzo, in particular. That's as far as the Pens will go and that's only because they are going to lose 2 or these 3 guys if they don't trade them.
1. Gonchar is a top 4 D. Guastad is a 4th line centre.
2. Maybe Shero is desperate to better his D.
3. Well if the rumour is true than apparently they do.
Thats completely irrelevant speculation by you on what Gonchar can return.
View Public Profile
Benny FTW's albums
Find More Posts by Benny FTW