Thread: Proposal: Vancouver - Montreal
View Single Post
Old
12-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Fastasaurus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
A deal surrounding Hamhuis and Plekanec. I don't want to trade Plekanec, but if the Habs want to trade him, they'll do it this year, while his value is still up there. Habs need a top 6 lw and a top pairing D. Losing Plekanec would be huge, but he's the only movable player that could fetch us one of our needs. With that said, I still expect Montreal to add to make it a fair deal. I don't know how Vancouver would feel about this deal, but I think they do it only if they can sign Edler. I know Hamhuis is their #1 and Plek fills a need at #3 C, but we all know Kesler is relativly fragile so Plek can take on the hard defensive duties and lets say Henrik & Ryan get hurt, they still have a #1 C in Plekanec who's able to play any unit. His contract is high for a #3 C on their roster, but I think you guys can take it. Vancouver fans let me know how much the Habs add. Habs fan let me know if you'd do it if the management had to trade him.
No way in hell does VCR touch that deal, Hamhuis is their best dman. I know some people will spout about Edler, Hamhuis is the man on that D, and he is signed all cheap and whatnot.

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote