View Single Post
Old
12-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Francesa
ლ(๏‿๏ ◝ლ)

vCash: 500
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/20...gone-with-him/

Quote:
The thing that disturbed me the most in yesterday’s press conference discussing Acta’s dismissal, was Paul Dolan’s steadfast and ardent support of Antonetti, the guy who put this complete mess of a roster together. Team President Mark Shapiro told the media that he and the Dolan ownership are staying the course with the man who has set the organization back two to three years with his horrific 2012 performance.

“I feel he’s controlled the bulk of what he can control well,” Shapiro explained. “Paul (Dolan) and I still endorse strongly (Antonetti’s) vision for how we can be competitive and, ultimately, a championship team. We feel that he’s uniquely qualified and more capable than any other person in leading us to that outcome.”

I say shame on you, Paul. Throwing Acta to the wolves was the easy thing to do. He is your ready-made scapegoat. But was he the guy who chose to have Grady Sizemore be your big free agent signing in October when NOBODY ELSE would have taken a chance on him until February? Was Acta the guy who thought Johnny Damon and Shelley Duncan as the left field platoon was a good idea? Was it Acta who decided to put together a lineup that was nothing but left-handed bats and featured two all-glove, no-hit corner men? Was it Acta who thought Ubaldo Jimenez was worth selling your two best pitching prospects?

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote