View Single Post
Old
12-24-2012, 11:45 AM
caps4cup
Dynasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
I look at Kovy as more of a winning player, where I feel like Ovechkin is more of a liability to his team when he isn't the Ovechkin of old. Kovy has dedicated himself to becoming a great all around player, you simply do not see that same drive from Ovechkin. Ovechkin is the perfect example of an athlete who had all the talent and potential in the world, let his head get too big with the big start to his career, and then (at least in terms of how he used to be) fell into a downward spiral. Simply not a fan of the guys attitude, Crosby was always going to be the better player not because he was more talented per say, but because he had the drive and the commitment to become a better player every season that OV didn't have. I think the same applies to Kovalchuck here, who has done a great job in his New Jersey run.

Just my two cents
Kovalchuk was 1 cup run. Other than that he has only been in the playoffs twice in his career, losing in 4 games, and 5 games in the 1st round, both as the higher seed. If anything Ovechkin is much more of a winning player as his team has made it to the playoffs 5 straight years, and advanced to the 2nd round 3 of the last 4 years.

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote