View Single Post
Old
12-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Kaibur

vCash: 500
It's one of those drafts where, if you wind up with the #1 and Columbus comes calling with #5 and #20, it wouldn't be so crazy to trade down. You might actually come away better off in the long run.

I think there's certainly a chance that a couple guys will slide that we have higher on our list. If we're picking 20th or later, I'm willing to start looking at defense. Drafting a guy like Ristolainen and trading Connor Murphy for an older forward prospect might be attractive, especially if Murphy has a good showing at the WJCs. Does a package of Murphy & Miele look attractive to a team looking both to dump cap and get back value?

Lazar in the teens would be a great pickup. He and Samuelsson could transition together all the way up the pipeline.

Has anyone taken a look at the Scouting Staff since Knickle took over? From the website, it looks like a lot of new faces, at least to me.

Director of Amateur Scouting Rick Knickle
Director of Pro Scouting Frank Effinger
European Scout Robert Neuhauser
Professional Scout David MacLean
Professional Scout Derek MacKinnon
Amateur Scout Rob Pulford
Amateur Scout Norm Gosselin
Amateur Scout Glen Zacharias
Amateur Scout Tim Bernhardt
Amateur Scout Tim Keon
Amateur Scout Trevor Hanson
Amateur Scout Gary Knickle
Amateur Scout Mike MacFarlane

Most of the names seem new to me. I assume there's no relation between Rick Knickle and Gary Knickle?

Effinger's the one that Maloney brought over from the Rangers when he was first hired to clear house of all the (W.) Gretzky cronies. But he does pro scouting. I don't remember Neuhauser, but I guess he replaced (C.) Ruuttu? And the European scout does both pro and amateur scouting?

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote