View Single Post
Old
12-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Longlegs View Post
Would anyone else be on board with trading Scheifele now, while his perceived value is quite high? I know there are a lot of Scheifele fans here, but I just don't believe that he will be a very effective NHL player. I could very well be wrong, but my gut tells me he won't. For that reason I'd trade him soon for either a early first round pick in 2013 plus, or in a package deal for a young highly touted forward. Like Matt Duchene for example.

Take it easy on me boys. I'm only saying how I feel. Believe me when I say, I hope I'm wrong about him. But I just don't think I am.
Yet, the organization that drafted him probably feels differently about him than do you apparently. Here is what the GM had to say about him in the summer; the comments about Scheifele begin at roughly the 50 second mark...

http://video.jets.nhl.com/videocente...ed-share-video

He has since said other quite glowing words about him in print as well. I'm guessing that they plan to let his future eventually play itself out here and guess you won't be getting your wish anytime soon.