View Single Post
Old
12-24-2012, 04:11 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I wouldn't see any downside with it, but truth be told Paetsch's role on the team is probably pretty set in stone if we're looking at it realistically.
Yeah it is very unlikely. In fact when they went to a forward at the point when he was down Sheahan got the call.

The Griffins need to win games, they are their own organization. It is the same reason I spent all summer telling people Pare would be in the top 6.

If we could control this from just a Wings development point of view, the first change would be Jurco over Hoggan on the PP. But that doesn't help win games it only helps Jurco's development.

It also can be argued Grand Rapids needs to make the playoffs anyway. When the Wings crashed out early last year those guys lost a month of practice with the big team that we have been seeing. With the big club in some sort of transition, I don't think they are as bad as people think but I don't think you can say absolutely that they are playing into May, it is important that GR goes to the playoffs. I think that is a big part of what you're seeing down there. Grand Rapids is running a little more like a normal AHL team this year and less like just a pure extension of the Wings.