View Single Post
12-24-2012, 04:18 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I have no problem with Finns, But I think like Burke and Mo tend to do. That is gravitate towards OHL/WHL produced players. Not an absolute, every situation is different, if there was no Jones, Mackinnon, or Monahan, I would take a shot with Barkov. But my preference is on players that have become stars far more out of a league that has produced more impact players than any other league.
I respectfully disagree.

I think that Burke and Morrison would draft the best player available. As much as people like to point out that we only have a couple Euros on the team, and only a couple of Euro prospects, this has to do with the style of game, and not Origin.

In the case of Barkov vs. Monohan, I'm not going to pretend that I know who is better, because I haven't seen either of them play enough. BUT. What I do believe, is that if Burke and Morrison believe that Barkov has better hockey sense and abilities than Monohan (but less grit, and all else being equal), they will still draft Barkov, every time. Look at Reilly, he really doesn't play a physical, gritty type of game... but Burke liked what he brings, and got his guy.

Burke has shown that he likes his physical, gritty players, but each draft it seems like we find one or two of these anyways. (Rupert, Broll, Biggs, Carrick, Devane, etc.).