View Single Post
Old
12-24-2012, 04:27 PM
JTG

vCash: 500
That's a terrible cap to an absolutely outstanding season by Heath Miller. He should get a ton of pro bowl votes.

I have no idea what is in store for this Steelers team, but it's not going to be good.

I think a good way to go about things is to target young guys in free agency, pay them, and cut the old dead weight. Do a very quick transition. I know this team hates paying guys, but sometimes you have to do it to keep the standard high. Jake Long is the longest shot of them all, but the dividends he'd pay would be huge. Our OL would be set. Some vets need to restructure their deals...I'm mainly looking at Woodley. He should feel embarrassed for how he's played.

Other free agents that may be worth while...Peyton Hillis if Rashard Mendenhall doesn't re-sign, or a trade for Steven Jackson would be ideal. Aside from Jake Long, Branden Albert from the Chiefs might be a good target if they decide that they don't want to pay him (which I very highly doubt). Shawn Phillips might be a good veteran OLB to talk to. I think he's been one of the most underrated football players in the league for years. Brian Urlacher is also a free agent. I don't imagine he'll ever leave Chicago, but I like him as a guy to fill Foote's spot. We can then move Timmons over as a rush linebacker. LaRon Landry is also a free agent this offseason. He hasn't been able to find a home, but he was arguably the most talented defensive player in his draft year. He's played on some really bad teams. He's not going to get a long term deal, and I think the risk v. reward is good.

Last edited by JTG: 12-24-2012 at 04:41 PM.