View Single Post
Old
12-24-2012, 05:49 PM
WeissFC
@WeissFC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanscout09 View Post
Hey Weiss. How do you think the u17 USA team will do this tournament and how do you think they compare to previous u17 ntdp teams.

Also, who do you think are the top players on the team. Do you think I was on point with Eichel, Milano, Collins and Tuch as the top four players?
I've seen this year's U17 team four times and I think the talent is slightly lower with what the NTDP typically has.

Heading into this tournament, injuries really hurt this team. Wegwerth told me he's slated to come back right after the tournament which hurts because I like what he's shown me in the two games I've seen him play in. I know Dylan Pavelek is also close to coming back, not sure if he'll be healthy enough for the tournament.

Behind Eichel, Milano, and Wilkie (the team's first line), the team lacks go-to goal scorers. Everyone knew the goaltending on this team would be the weakest point and that's been pretty true from what I've seen. Defensively this team is fairly solid and I really like Glover, Collins, and Fortunato (offensively).

Top four players on the team I'd say are Eichel, Milano, Glover, and Wilkie from what I've seen thus far. Collins, Wegwerth, Fortuanto are all good players in their own right too, but are in a slightly lower tier IMO.

It'll be interesting to see how this team does. I think they could have done a better job picking their fill-ins for the challenge obviously, but it is what it is at this point.

WeissFC is offline   Reply With Quote