View Single Post
Old
12-24-2012, 06:49 PM
AD1066

vCash: 500
I'm one of the fastest skaters in my league, but my hands and vision are both average in every sense of the word. Had some vision problems as a kid, so the hands never quite developed well enough to play at a high level. I'm a little over 6'0 but only 160 lbs.

I currently play in a college league against a few fraternities and another school or two. Because I skate well, my captain usually asks me to change positions on a game-to-game basis depending on which teammates are there that night.

At the wing, I'm a pretty effective north-south player. Skate and shoot, create chances, spring breakaways at ES and on the penalty kill. But I've never had the great vision, so I'm more of a complimentary player.

At defense or center I'm much more suited to shutting down the opposing line. I can keep pace with and relentlessly hound the ex-Junior A guys out there, even though they are far better all-around players. As long as we get the win though, I'll be happy. And in my free time I'll just keep practicing stickhandling.

AD1066 is offline   Reply With Quote