Thread: Proposal: Vancouver - Montreal
View Single Post
Old
12-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Even that deal I'd pass on. As good as Pleks is, he just isn't a major need for us. Our #1 need is an elite RW, if we're gonna break the bank on anything I'd hope it'd be that. We can get by with the 3rd line centers we have. Malhotra may rebound as this is his first full offseason after his eye injury, and then Schroeder should get a good look as well. Then we have LaPierre, who in the playoffs has proven to be suitable for that roll if all else fails.

As such, yes, we probably aren't good trading partners. If you guys feel like sending us Pacioretty, then we should talk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in 94 View Post
I'd love to get Pleks but not at the cost of Hamhuis. If MTL was looking for more of a futures deal I'm sure something could be agreed upon. Would you guys be willing to take a combination of Kassian, Schroeder, Jensen, Gaunce, Ballard, Raymond, 1st?
Gaunce I feel better about trading then Jensen or Kassian, and as Luck 6 says, he's not a huge need, so two of our top shelf prospects, this graded curve anyway, I think hurts us more. I am willing to take Pleks because I view him as the 2 C on this team, with Kesler moving to left wing, ala Sundin, with Booth filling the RW position.

Back in 94 is willing to give more then I am in terms of higher end prospects because I agree with Luck...Plekanec is want, not a need for this team, and while I view a first as less valuable then most, and I know Gaunce is relatively unknown as well as an asset, I'd rather lose a center while we draft/trade for/develop another then one of the big wingers we're trying to turn into powerforwards.

As for Patch...he's not for sale, but he's our asking price, with a +, for Hamhuis. Totally unreasonable, I must be drunk or playing NHL 13, yeah, yeah, but we create hole we don't need to create to fill a hole we don't have. Would Montreal fans trade Patch for Schneider? Of course not, not even getting into value.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote