View Single Post
Old
12-24-2012, 10:42 PM
Stephen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
you said it was a frame of reference for style of play. that's a lot different than saying someone has the abilities of a brian leetch.

there's a kid here who plays in the jr.b league. he's a smooth, fast, defenceman. gets lots of assists. smart player. plays like brian leetch. but he's never getting out of the local jr.b league. doesn't have the ability of a brian leetch.
If the guy's pulling a Brian Leetch in the WHL, chances are that style comparison will inform you as to what he's potentially able to do. No one's taking measurements on his induction blazer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
i don't follow the wings board, and i honestly don't know who ryan sproul is, but i think i'd bat an eye if i saw him casually talked about as the next weber.

can you blame leafs fans for thinking a lower expectation is more realistic? is that really something to take exception to, given the history of hyped prospects we've seen ultimately fail? if not being skeptical, at least wanting to see much more evidence (as you say yourself), before claiming him a potential superstar?
Your skepticism is founded solely on his professional team affiliation, without any attempt at looking at him more closely on the actual ice. Maybe he'll fail as a professional defenseman and make you look smart in the process, but that failure should have nothing to do with the busts that came before him.

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote