Thread: Daniel Audette
View Single Post
Old
12-24-2012, 11:33 PM
hab 4ever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call me Suds View Post
Did I miss something? I said his NHL potential was limited unless he grows in the post you quoted and you're post says he could still have NHL potential if he grows. You said what I said in a different order.

As for the top 20 scorer thing, that doesn't always translate to NHL potential or recognition. Another good example is Nicolas Petan. He's considered a 3rd or 4th round pick right now and he's a '95 born in the WHL with 60 points in 35GP (24G 36A) with a +38 because he's only 5'9" 170lbs At that size, it's tough to make it and there are plenty of small guys who haven't despite being very productive in the CHL.

All you can do is hope he grows or develops a skill set and strength that makes his size irrelevant and Audette isn't even close to that caliber right now.
I was merely bringing up a hypothetical. Obviously he still has miles to go to become a top NHL prospect. My hypothetical only had him growing up by one inch btw and I don't believe that one inch between 5'8" and 5'9" is what is gonna make him a much better prospect or not. Thus, I don't think we were saying the same thing...

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote