View Single Post
Old
12-25-2012, 02:50 AM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure about the E. Kane comparison... Not exactly what I see Duclair as, although I admit having only seen him once. Evander Kane is a big, physical, pure goal-scorer. Duclair is smaller, quicker, and more of a shooter-playmaker, IMHO.
At the same age they're about the same size. Kane being a bit taller and Duclair being a bit bigger now compared to the 09 Kane.

CSS has Duclair at 5'11.25 180 and Kane was 6'1 176

Believe me, Duclair can get physical I've seen him make some pretty nice drive to the net and run a few players over. He's no agitator or anything but he can play the physical game quite well. That's one area where he could be more consistent I guess now that he's putting on the weight.

Duclair has a very good shot, very good gands, his vision is good for a kid his age but I don't think that will be his bread and butter. Duclair loves to carry the puck. He's a great skater, he plays very fast, he'd probably do better if he passed a bit more. At some point I gave poor man's Taylor Hall as an example but the Kane comparison is better to describe his game.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote