View Single Post
Old
12-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Clown Baby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
The only reason the defense is brutal is because of Kjell Samuelsson. He's the guy responsible for working with the defensemen and not one of them have improved under his watch. It's been like that for years. Under his watch, there hasn't been a single defensemen that has progressed under his tutelage. I know that it's very easy to say that it's the players and that they have to show something, but at the same time, when it's been over a decade since a defenseman has progressed under his watch, it speaks in volumes about the job he's doing.

I'm sure if Terry Murray had his say, Samuelsson would be gone and someone else would be handling the development of the defensemen. Get rid of Samuelsson and bring in a proven guy to work with the young defenders (Kevin McCarthy would certainly fit the bill) and I'm willing to bet that we see the young defenders turn it around and progress to the point where they have a strong chance at becoming NHL defenders.
Kjell wasn't a problem last year. Back then, all our forwards could score, and the defensemen looked like they had a clue. Manning could play in the NHL without looking completely out of place. Gustafsson looked like a legit NHLer. And Bourdon, sans the concussions, wasn't any worse off. On target for 192 goals (Brayden and Sean figuring in on 190 probably) while giving up 222, and you're telling me it's the assistant coach's problem.