Thread: Speculation: HFBoards Mock Draft 2013
View Single Post
Old
12-25-2012, 09:28 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
He wouldn't be a bad pick on the surface of it. He fits in with what the organization wants.

He's meaner than Coburn. Lots of size.

I am always okay drafting BPA, but there is not a clear order to whoever is behind Seth Jones. If Zadorov fits what the Flyers are looking for that would be a fine pick.

The Flyers do need a PMD.

Rasmus Ristolainen would be another guy I would look at if they feel organizationally that center is a position of reduced value due to the bounty they're enjoying.

Also big-- more two way. Great with the puck.
Zadorov is not a bad puck moving defenseman at all. Actually, he's very adept at moving the puck and has no problems handling it or making that great first outlet pass.

If he were anywhere else but London, he'd be a regular on the power play and would play in a more offensive role. He's also got a big booming shot from the point that is low, hard, and accurate.

In terms of offensive game, I'd say it's actually a lot more like Zdeno Chara than it is Braydon Coburn. Next season, Zadorov will probably get a lot more power play time in London and then you'll see those offensive numbers shoot up drastically. I will say this though - his defensive game is already NHL caliber. He's very smart on the ice and he knows what's expected of him and that he always takes care of business in his own end before anything else.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote