View Single Post
Old
12-25-2012, 09:57 AM
walsy37

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
Tavares wasn't the most visible player out there, but it doesn't change the fact that he was excellent.

Toews has no business being even close to the top 10. He had a good shootout... and that's it. For the rest of the tournament, he was good, but not exceptional by any means. There wouldn't even have been a shootout had Price not been exceptionally good during the OT period... and during pretty much the entire game and tournament.

Price was the tournament MVP and Toews is listed ahead of him. Something isn't quite right here.
I guess everyone sees things differently. I can't remember which year, but one of them, Tavares seemed invisible, unclutch and lucky.

Price had real good statistics - but I remember thinking that he played in front of an awesome defense that didn't allow much close, really didn't face touch competition and made very few difficult saves for the bulk of the tournament (save for the OT period). He was very poised, cool and calm - but I felt it was more because the competition was not that great. Toews seemed to me (in the medal round) to be everywhere, capped by an amazing shootout.

walsy37 is offline   Reply With Quote