View Single Post
Old
12-25-2012, 02:07 PM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
I'm watching the 2010 US WJC team.

Obviously the NHL is a whole different beast, but Stepan lost something when he came to the NHL. His tenacity is just on a completely different level then it used it be. Obviously he has put up great numbers thus far in his NHL career, but his skills haven't translated the way you would expect. I could MAYBE name 5 prospects at the time with better credentials then Stepan after his sophomore year, he was that good.

I will never understand how anyone considered Carlson our #1 defenseman that tournament. He was very underwhelming. Fowler was far and away our #1 defenseman. My god he is such an intelligent player.

Kreider was fantastic this tournament as well. Causing havoc on the forecheck every shift and play excellent offensive hockey. All of this with the two worst players he could be possibly paired with on that team, Jeremy Morin and AJ Jenks.

What a magical tournament that was. Even 4th liners on that squad like Jason Zucker and Tyler Johnson are still playing fantastic hockey to this day.