Thread: Proposal: Bruins - Maple Leafs
View Single Post
Old
12-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Oates2Neely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I totally disagree. Most teams would absolutely take Jones, and I don't think it's even all that close. If there's a redraft of the 2011 draft, do you think Hamilton jumps over Larsson? I don't, and I think Jones > Larsson. Heck, I'd put Trouba up on par with any dman taken in the last 2 drafts, and don't forget about Brodin or Ryan Murray too.

My point is that there are a ton of great young d prospects and to call Hamilton the best in the world is overstating it. He's not even the best dman on Team Canada right now, in fact, in the 2 games of the pre-tourney games and the tournament over the summer he hasn't been one of Canada's top 3 dmen. Fantastic prospect who will be very very good, but not the best in the world.

As far as your baseless personal insult... sorry I judge players by how I see them not by blind homerism. I don't apologize for that.
It's all a matter of opinion. In my opinion, Hamiltons blend of size, skating ability, defensive awareness and puck control are unmatched by Jones, Reilly, Trouba and Murray. While each possesses an excellent skill set, i find Hamiltons package far more promising.

That was not a personal insult, a brief search of your post history shows you enjoy playing devils advocate.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote