View Single Post
Old
12-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

vCash: 500
Anywho, I agree with OrrCam's premise. It's one of the reasons I have so much contempt for the group think mentality. It tends to build on itself and make mountains out of molehills.

Not that this is a molehill, necessary. I'd call the Thomas situation a definite mound, I might even go so far as to say it was a hillock. But that doesn't mean we need to make a mountain of that either.

What we know

-- Thomas refused to attend President Obama's meet and greet with the championship Bruins

-- Thomas, under pressure to explain himself, made a politically charged statement about the size of government, while going out of his way to avoid aligning himself with any particular partisan affiliation (this is the part people NEED to try and remember when discussing this. Please.)

-- Thomas decided to sit out the next season. Speculation flies, but his decision to sit out has never been confirmed by either Thomas or anyone else to have anything in the slightest to do with the Washington visit or its aftermath.

That's what the facts are. Literally everything else is speculation, and I hate seeing speculation built on top of speculation, especially with this guy who deserves better.

I mean for all I know the reason Thomas didn't meet Obama is he's a closet racist and didn't want to stand that close to a black man. But because it's true "for all I know," does that give the right to spout it as if it was a fact? Heck No! And neither are a ton of the other spiteful little nonsenses that I've seen in this thread and threads like it. Confine yourself to the facts, and if you can condemn him on those, go nuts.

Last edited by Bridges31: 12-25-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: missed the post thank you for pointing it out
Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote