Thread: Proposal: Bruins - Maple Leafs
View Single Post
Old
12-25-2012, 06:37 PM
Dr Quincy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
It's all a matter of opinion. In my opinion, Hamiltons blend of size, skating ability, defensive awareness and puck control are unmatched by Jones, Reilly, Trouba and Murray. While each possesses an excellent skill set, i find Hamiltons package far more promising.

That was not a personal insult, a brief search of your post history shows you enjoy playing devils advocate.
1) Seth Jones is 1" shorter than Hamilton, but bigger. Larsson is all of 2" smaller. I'd say Jones' skating ability is better than Hamilton's, Larsson's puck control is far better, and as far as defensive awareness, I have not at all been impressed by Hamilton's (haven't really seen enough of Jones to know about him there, but scouts seem to all have him rated higher than Hamilton at the same age). Do you catch a lot of OHL games, and have seen Hamilton in them? I haven't, I've only seen the international games and his decision making, puck handling and defensive awareness have all looked to be RELATIVE weak points. I've seen him take quite a few dumb penalties and made bad reads in his own end. Now I'm totally willing to say that if you see any dman enough you'll find plays like that, but I think the consensus amongst most hockey people is that Hamilton is not the best defensive prospect in the world right now. Doesn't mean he isn't a great prospect, just not the best.

2) "Devil's advocate" implies that someone is arguing a point they don't really believe in. Sorry, doesn't apply to me. Say whatever you want about me but I believe what I say.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote