View Single Post
Old
12-25-2012, 06:01 PM
davebenj

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
They might have to do it just to get Deron Williams to start playing again. His shot has been off all season and now it seems like he doesn't even care. All of those Chris Paul vs Deron Williams debates look so silly right now.
I certainly see where you are coming from but I have to give D Will a pass for the majority of it. Avery Johnson is putting him in a position to fail. Plus, Avery is one of the worst coaches I have ever seen. Who the hell puts Wallace on Garnett at any point in the game? A poster on another forum said it best. Pierce is one of the worst defenders in the league and Wallace killed him the previous meetings. Why would you go small in this game especially against one of the worst rebounding teams in the league?

His rotations are atrocious and players are calling him out on it. He doesn't coach to anyone's strength on the team which is one of the reasons Deron was so great in Utah and is struggling here because like Deron said his game relies a lot on movements, different sets, pick and roll, etc. Avery on the other hand just runs isolation play after isolation play. I cannot fathom a coach being this stubborn. I'm sorry if this is sounding a bit to harsh on him but I'm fed up. The darn Raptors are starting to catch up to the Nets in wins this season. With the talent the Nets have, being one game over .500 is a travesty.

I guess I'm just frustrated because his plan if you can call it one isn't working and he simply refuses to make any changes. Sure, he'll say they will try something new but it never seems to come to fruition.

Last edited by davebenj: 12-25-2012 at 06:10 PM.