View Single Post
Old
12-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Dr Quincy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
All fair points.

I'm not a big fan of judging player by their international tournaments though. Short timeframe, little to no chemistry, sometimes different systems, different rinks and regulation of rules. Again though that's just me. Plenty of people like to see kids with character, players that elevate their play and lead.

Either way, from the first two Canada games I've seen so far not a single defensemen on the team has wowed me.
I think the international tournament thing has its pluses and minuses. For sure, the minuses you mention are real. At the same time, they have a player playing against the absolute best competition in his age group. And Hamilton hasn't been "bad" at all, he just hasn't (as you say) wowed me.

To me, Larsson is the surest thing and Jones has the most upside, perhaps you can say that Hamilton has more upside than Larsson and is more of a sure thing than Jones (not that I necessarily agree with those statements).

This is what I know: He's a great prospect. The B's aren't trading him. I just think calling him the best D prospect in the world is a little over the top.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote