View Single Post
Old
12-25-2012, 06:48 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I think the international tournament thing has its pluses and minuses. For sure, the minuses you mention are real. At the same time, they have a player playing against the absolute best competition in his age group. And Hamilton hasn't been "bad" at all, he just hasn't (as you say) wowed me.

To me, Larsson is the surest thing and Jones has the most upside, perhaps you can say that Hamilton has more upside than Larsson and is more of a sure thing than Jones (not that I necessarily agree with those statements).

This is what I know: He's a great prospect. The B's aren't trading him. I just think calling him the best D prospect in the world is a little over the top.
Well said.

Of the three I like Jones the best and have Larsson and Hamilton just behind him. Any or all of them could end up anchoring an NHL D for a very long time. I think a good argument could be made for any of Hamilton, Reilly, Schultz, Brodin or Jones as being the best D prospects in the world. Not saying those arguments would be right or wrong, just saying a decent argument based around what little facts, what scouts say and stats we have available could be made for each of them.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote