View Single Post
Old
12-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Saving Greiss
Trade Malkin???

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsWillFly4Ever View Post
Fleury is getting **** on hard. The guy disappointed last playoffs but when Crosby and Malkin were out he was a huge component of them making the playoffs, feels like that was 10 years ago or something around here...
He was a reason the Pens remained competitive without Crosby and Malkin. Yet, he was a factor in them blowing a 3-1 series lead to Tampa.

Quote:
Terrible proposal, but Crawford needs to do something other than be mediocre behind a great team who plays a solid defensive game to be on Fleury's level. Pittsburgh is one hell of a team, but Fleury's stats will always be deflated due to the fact that they give up a higher amount of good scoring chances per shot against.
I detest it when people use that argument against Fleury. So I wouldn't use it on Crawford either. There have been games where Crawford has had to bail his team out, just like Fleury.

Quote:
I could see this not even being an argument in a few years if Fleury can get it going again, but I have always been a fan.
I have no doubt that Fleury can be a good goaltender. The question is: will he? If he can regain form, then I'd definitely put him ahead of Crawford.