View Single Post
Old
12-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Aggen

vCash: 500
I'm also suprised by the developement of Wikstrand. 2 years ago he were a solid prospect, and his coach (Harald Luckner) spoke highly of the kid, and thought he would be drafted early. (Obviously bias) Season 11/12 was supposed to be the breakthrough for Wikstrand, alot of people thought he would be the rookie of the year. But something happened, he was not terrible, but he was not good. He only managed to produce 3 points, and you rarely thought "Well done Wikstrand!". His previous coach said that he lacked "experience" in personal life, not majorly. I'm not talking on the ice here, im talking off the ice. For example, he came with plushpants(?), a simple shirt and barely nothing else in -25degrees. This caused him to be sick alot during that season, and you could see that on the ice.

Something happened though, this season he grew intense, you could see difference right from the pre-season. He grew confidence and it hasn't dropped in any way. He's been by far the best d-man in his team, and a top d in the hockeyallsvenskan. Maybe he learned how to dress properly ;-)

I hope that clears atleast something up for someone, why he dropped that far in the draft.

Aggen is offline   Reply With Quote