View Single Post
Old
12-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Dark Shadows

vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobnobs View Post
He was also criticized by Dino who said that "Bowman distance himself too much from his team and it becomes a problem in the locker room". I don't think I ever saw anyone criticizing his startegies or coaching ability. Except those who were discarded or didnt get enough ice-time (Burr, Primeau, Fedorov)
There were quite a few times in the biography where they criticized Bowman's coaching and strategies. Mostly about how he should be allowing the team to run and gun like they had the previous score of years before he got there. He of course proved them wrong in the end.

Dino, Yzerman, Coffey and Sheppard were vocal in their distaste for Bowman's defense first style. But Ilitch signed Bowman for 3 more years and they knew from the rumblings that he was going to make examples of those who criticized his regime of defense. We know how that turned out
Edit: I am only reading it for the second time as Ray Sheppard's biography didn't interest me overmuch, but it is actually a good read.

heh. Apparently at ilitch's end of the year party after being swept by the devils, when Bowman arrived, every player sitting in the main living room rose and left because they were so mad at his decisions and coaching during that series. During the first 10 games of the season, he played the Sheppard/Yzerman/Dino line as the 4th line haha.
I sure don't remember that.

Last edited by Dark Shadows: 12-26-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Dark Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote