View Single Post
Old
12-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I think the hate got exaggerated on the part of Gauthier where people just started inventing their own narratives. A good example is this very thread with the Fischer being pushed by Gauthier myth which has been debunked by Grant. Another myth was that Gauthier stiffled Timmins, but this is debunked as well with Timmins saying that he pushed Gauthier to trade up to acquire Tinordi. Other stuff was warranted (being anal about the cheeses, the jerseys, the being quiet about where players are being traded).

As for the trades and signings:

Good:
Moore for a 2nd
Wisniewski for 2nd
Eller and Schultz for Halak
Cole signing
Diaz signing
Emelin signing
Halpern signing
Budaj signing
moving up for Tinordi
Geoffrion, 2nd, Slaney for Gill

Meh/Wash
Sopel for Maxwell and wtv
Mara for the 5th
Nokelainen for Trotter(and a 5th I believe)
Blunden for Russell

Bad
Lapierre trade
Sergei trade
Kaberle trade(though I'm more in the too early to tell, but the rest of the board seems pretty unanimous).
Not re-signing Hamrlik and then not replacing him
D'agostini for Palushaj (we're finally getting a clear reading on this trade)

Too early to tell
Cammalleri for Bourque, Holland, and a 2nd...still don't know how Holland and that second will pan out. Saved cap space.
O'byrne for Bournival
Andrei for a 2nd
I actually agree with your first instinct about the Kaberle trade. If Markov gets hurt, we might need him. If Markov is healthy, I think there may be a team willing to trade for Kaberle.

I disagree about calling the Tinordi move-up a win already. Looking at the players drafted 27-30 in the 2010 draft (Visentin, Coyle, Etem, Nelson) I think the jury is still out on whether we would have been better off standing pat for whoever was highest left on the Habs' list at 27.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote