View Single Post
Old
12-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Dark Shadows

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobnobs View Post
Thanks DarkShadows. I didnt know they (the players you mentioned) were so vocal about it. Intresting indeed. Ill see if I can get a hold of his biography. Although, complaints from Ray Sheppard should be taken with a frain of salt. He was a primadonna and wanted to be treated as a star. Perhaps thats why they sent him away.

Didnt Pat Quinn manage to alienate the whole Maple Leaf fan base? Not that its an accomplishment out of context but I seem to remember reading that he became disliked by the players too for beign both GMand coach and not able to focus on his duties to the team.
Well, it was written by his brother so some of it definitely needs to be taken with a grain of salt. However, many of the familiar topics were also widely known and talked about at the time in media and smalltalk after Bowman's first year.

ex: Yzerman's role/trade rumors and friction between him and Bowman, Bowman trashing his defensive play(Along with everyone but Fedorov/Konstantinov's defensive play). Bowman vs Murray. Bowman and Probert/Dino's words...etc etc

Dark Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote