View Single Post
Old
12-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Hardyvan123
[email protected]

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Made Me View Post
Agreed. Messier's prime is really under rated for Lindros to have a 2 to 1 advantage in the poll. I realize this poll is just about prime but Messier went 28 in the last ATD and Lindros went 128!
Voting should be pretty close but what exactly are people treating as Prime for Moose?

I have him at a longer prime, heck you could make it 83-97 but part of the problem is that it's hard to find 7 consecutive seasons that really tops Lindros 1st 7 in the NHL.

Moose over the 83-97 stretch had 3 seasons where he missed a ton of time,85,86,91), the start of his prime was under Wayne's shadow and had a great supporting cast (arguably better than Lindros ever had) and he also had 2 seasons where he was a minus player, 89 and 93 and a couple of over less than we would expect given his teammates and situation despite his defensive responsibilities.

I'm more of a career guy but voted Eric for that incredible 7 season stretch to start his NHL career. I'm also very impressed with Eric's performance as a 19 year old at the WC with his 8-11-6-17 line and have no doubt that he could have had an 8th prime season if circumstances allowed him to play as an 18 year old.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote