View Single Post
Old
12-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Dark Shadows

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
Voting should be pretty close but what exactly are people treating as Prime for Moose?

I have him at a longer prime, heck you could make it 83-97 but part of the problem is that it's hard to find 7 consecutive seasons that really tops Lindros 1st 7 in the NHL.

Moose over the 83-97 stretch had 3 seasons where he missed a ton of time,85,86,91), the start of his prime was under Wayne's shadow and had a great supporting cast (arguably better than Lindros ever had) and he also had 2 seasons where he was a minus player, 89 and 93 and a couple of over less than we would expect given his teammates and situation despite his defensive responsibilities.

I'm more of a career guy but voted Eric for that incredible 7 season stretch to start his NHL career. I'm also very impressed with Eric's performance as a 19 year old at the WC with his 8-11-6-17 line and have no doubt that he could have had an 8th prime season if circumstances allowed him to play as an 18 year old.
When looking at prime, I do not feel the seasons must be consecutive. Maybe that is where we differ.

Dark Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote