View Single Post
Old
12-26-2012, 03:40 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
saw him play for the first time against czech today. was suprised how physical he was. does he always play like that?
Most of what I've seen of him was at Sens development camp so sample size is VERY limited but I believe he was drafted based on his defensive prowess and physicality. That's at least the impression that I got post draft. I recall staff comparing him to fellow Swede and Sens 2011 pick Freddie Claesson who's of similar stature and plays an aggressive brand of defense.

They looked very similar in their first development camps (2011 and 2012) in my eyes. Both didn't look out of place and were pleasant surprises for late round picks coming over from Europe.

Fast forward to today, Claesson just turned 20 and is playing quite well for a very good Binghamton Senators team. Great PKer and progressing well as the defensive minded D he was projected as. Wikstrand on the other hand is showing something that I doubt most scouts or coaches saw with his offensive game. Sens did a good job scouting these guys, nice pick ups in the 5th and 7th.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote