View Single Post
Old
12-26-2012, 03:41 PM
AIREAYE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
Hey guys.

Right now I have an x60 87 flex pm9 curve cut down that is my go to.

I back that up with an Easton 65s intermediate 75 flex.

65s is sluggish on the release to me and it's really just a cheap back up.

Love the x60, but I think I'm ready to move on to a new curve. I've tried hall(65s) p92, and p88. The hall and p92 I'm not a huge fan of, but the pm9 blade seems too short or too small.

The p88 I have is on a ONE30, so it's hard to say of I like the curve a lot.

I'm sticking with Bauer, so what would you guys suggest as my next stick and curve.

Primarily I would say I try to score goals, but I'm not taking a lot of wrist shots in the high slot. I like having an easy back hand available to me, and I want good release when I dump the puck. My snap shot is a priority, and I don't want a curve that will slow the learning process. Price point of 150-200$ is my sweet spot. Thoughts?
As per your most recent post, I would say giving a heel curve a try might be a good spot. The P106 is a deeper and more open curve than the PM9, with a healthy pocket and flare in the mid heel. Try and imagine a cross between a P92 and a PM9. That's my favorite curve.

A P14 would be where to go if you were looking for more toe action and a P91A is if you might want to maximize loft. Personal preference obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
This might be the wrong thread...but here is my question:

Background: I used a Synergy Grip/Louisville Response Grip/original synergy when I played juniors/college. I also played with the Synergy STs and loved their durability/weight/etc.

Question: I play competitive now and my STs are dying. I'm looking for some sticks under $129 that are comparable to what I played with. I would love top of the line sticks but have no clue with which ones are good and which models flat out suck. I have no clue how many sticks were made after the Grip, Sicore, regular Synergy. I don't even care about who makes it.

If any of you have some good suggestions, please let me know. I could use a couple more twigs.
Like Jarick mentioned, you'd do well with the M5. The EQ50 can be had for a good price at most places. The Synergy EQ line replaced the SE line (SE, then SE16 line)

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote