The Annual Top 10 Prospect List
View Single Post
12-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Francisco
i certainly don't know enough about prospect evaluation to offer a credible top ten list (then again, i guess i could just crib my list from Dobber
). so i offer a list of favorites, based not so much on skill or upside but rather such ephemeral traits as personality, demeanor, hilarity and intrigue:
1. Joe Morrow - he retweeted me (probably to the chagrin of Pens' brass) when i tweeted that we needed his booming shot in the lineup against the Flyers. that gesture earns a lifetime pass.
2. Beau Bennett - golden state native like yours truly. great twitter account.
3. Carl Sneep - the fascination is well documented. just run a
4. Scott Harrington - the kind of defensemen Clausewitz would put out on the ice.
5. Ben Hanowski - that beard.
6. Tom Kühnhackl - that umlaut. this spot is reserved for sons/descendants of great players anyways and Tom has Philip Samuelsson and the now departed Andy Bathgate beat.
7. Anton Zlobin - memorial cup hero. future Malkin borscht-buddy?
8. Derrick Pouliot - more controversial than putting hot sauce on your english muffins or a few drops of maple syrup in your scrambled eggs.
9. Olli Määttä - more umlauts than you can shake a stick at.
10. Reid McNeill - unsung. seriously, who is this guy? at least he's better than Joe Rogalski.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Crafton