View Single Post
Old
12-26-2012, 04:57 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Nikita Korostelev returned today. Scored one goal and had one assist. 4-1 win. He is a pretty intense player and his hunger for the puck in the offensive zone is nice to watch. His timing was a bit off when receiving passes but thats expected. He has the best shot in Ontario. He had the goalie beat from the slot with one of his shots but just missed. His goal, he deked out the goalie when he was in alone. He has very good puck skills as well. He is a very-under rated playmaker.

Sharipov #88 was dangerous all game. He has extremely good stick handling skills. He has nice feet too. He is only about 5-10. The ref seemed like he wanted to control the game with penalty's. Goalie Izzy Benigno reminds me of Tim Thomas. Very aggressive, never on the blue ice. This style can put the goalie out of position but he recovers really fast. Smaller goalie, very quick legs.

I think Oakville ate too much turkey last night. Oakville Rangers tied the VAughn Kings 1-1. The smaller forward crop on Oakville is the weakness on this team, I see that hurting them when it matters. The D core they have is excellent. M.Spencer didnt have his best game today, but he is probably the fastest backward skater Ive seen this year. Spencer is an excellent skater and has excellent puck handling skills moving through traffic. I dont know why they have him paired with Capobianco as they both are potential puck rushers. Brett Mckenzie very impressive consistent game today. Petawabano played forward and defense today. I personally like him better as a forward. He was dominant on some shifts. I personally think Petawabano has more value up front playing a Power forward style of game. Moves well for a kid his size, including his first 2-3 strides. Back up goalie Clark, has nice size and movement and played very well today. Looked like he could be a #1 on other teams thats for sure.

Marlies won 6-1 vs Clarington. 2 goals for Strome. 2 goals for Robinson. M.Webb had a goal but to me is one of the unsung heroes on this team. He sets the tone with his physical presence and work ethic. Again Ive said this before, but Jordan Maclean #97 on the Marlboros is a gamer. He keeps impressing me. All-round game. I like the way he works on the boards and doesnt shy away from contact. He sacrifices his body blocking slap shots from the point. He stuck up for STrome today when things were getting nasty in the 3rd. Maclean is under-rated. If someone asked me who I would want more for my OHL team, Defarius or Maclean Id probably lean toward Maclean. Defarius struggles dealing with big forecheckers and board work is lacking.