View Single Post
Old
12-26-2012, 06:41 PM
hotpaws

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
I have no problem with a longer CBA, and in fact when the owners finally decide to negotiate and relinquish some of their present demands and a deal gets done that both sides can live with lock them in for 100 years.

As a Leaf fan I realize that current Owners CBA demands all negatively effect the Leafs ability to build a team, and neuter their financial muscle, so the NHLPA has to continue to hold strong and not surrender or even better "blow it all up' and then I really like Leafs chances to find new star players among the 800+ UFAs.
Does anyone really know what NHLPA even wants ? I know what they're against but i've never heard of them even presenting a complete offer to the owners . It seems all they're doing is stalling while Bettman ups his offers , Fehr's tactics were working to a certain degree but it seems Bettman finally wised up and is now refusing to play Fehrs game .

Also how much negotiating is left to be done . If the PA has truly agreed to a 50/50 split in revenues and isn't interested in trying to circumvent the cap then this deal should have been completed weeks ago .