View Single Post
Old
12-26-2012, 08:59 PM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix and Stones View Post
L A galaxy gave a player a 250 million dollar contract, I won't hold my breath until the NHL hands out a similar one. Albeit it was within Bettmans 5 year max plan.
How much are the Galaxy worth? Surely not half a billion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Yes you can. It's asinine that you are just grouping EVERY US market together. The Philadelphia Union will never be more valuable than the Flyers. The NE Revolution will NEVER be more valuable than the Bruins. The Chicago Fire will NEVER be more valuable than the Blackhawks.

Chicago, Philly, Boston, etc. have more in common with Montreal and Toronto than they do say Columbus, where the Crew COULD pass the Jackets. It's established markets vs unestablished markets, not this US vs Canada inferiority complex nonsense that so many Canadians on this board who are completely misinformed like to spew.
In 20 years, I'd say it's almost certain the the Canadiens or Leafs will sustain if not grow their local market and support and continue to be bigger than their soccer counterparts.

I can't say the same for Chicago, Boston or Philly... Nobody know's if Hockey will sustain itself in the US with certainty, but we can almost surely bet on that in Canada.

Also, those 3 teams you speak of have been successful as of late, which helps your argument.

The Canadiens will forever be bigger than the Impact, at least in my life time.