View Single Post
Old
12-26-2012, 08:59 PM
dtones520

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
makes sense, wonder if there's anything serious to this one, or if it's just a ******** reporter digging up any dirt she can find.

Reading more, it looks like the lease payments will be negotiated as part of the next lease. The old deal expired in 2010 but the sides have not negotiated a new lease. In the absence of a lease, the Wings have not paid the city but whatever they owe for the missed years will be negotiated in the next deal. So that's really a non-issue right now.

On the TV rights, obviously Olympia owes something, but if the City never bothered to collect since 1980 for whatever reason I think there's got to be some kind of statute of limitations that Olympia could claim. Unless that doesn't apply to a contract like this. There's something to the story, but the amount owed is probably a lot less than the report claims it could possibly be.
From a credit standpoint you cannot be forced to pay, most, debts that are seven years or older. How that would apply to something like this, I do not know.

I can't figure out how this has taken 32 years to come out though? Especially since the Wings have been Detroits most successful sports franchise recently and historically. You would think the city would have done something about it by now, hell you would have thought they would have done something after the first year.

dtones520 is online now   Reply With Quote