View Single Post
Old
12-26-2012, 10:29 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
Are taxis pricey in the greater metro area of DC? I have a couple interviews back-to-back on 3 consecutive days at the end of January in the same office building (part of a job fair hookup from my university). It is out in Chantilly, which appears to be a bit away from all the hubub. With some work I have to take, and having gotten to see DC not too long ago in terms of tourist stuff, I was thinking of not getting a rental car to save some money. I'd be getting in the evening of a weekday, staying 3 nights, and leaving that last afternoon. So, basically, shuttle from the airport to my hotel and back at the end, along with 3 round-trip cab fairs from my hotel to the interview spots. It just seems like it should be a ton cheaper to do that than pay a rental fee for ~3-4 days. Thoughts?

I am a simple man from a small Midwestern town, so I figured asking big city people for an opinion was a good idea in case I am missing something obvious. Thanks!
Edit: totally misread your post. Yeah, if you're only going to be around the Dulles/Chantilly area, a cab should be fine. You'll just have to call one every morning, I'm sure. Not as readily available out there (unless your at the airport). Cost should not be prohibitive.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote