Thread: Justin Schultz
View Single Post
12-27-2012, 03:23 AM
McDavid Has Arrived
vCash: 1115
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
No wasn't implying that at all but it's part of the overall hype in that people tend to focus on the bright shiny object in the room (stats) and not the big picture.

Like I said in my last post the difference between winning and losing 5 games could come down to just 5 untimely goals and it might change for the rest of the year as well.

But the reality is that,if one were to read some, actually quite a few, of the hype of the posts on here, it would be easy to conclude, or at least expect, that the Barons were dominating the AHL when the reality is that its more than stats and hype that wins games.

Terms like elite, all star (which have been thrown around too lossely as to losing their meaning in NHL terms) and translating shooting % without any reality of what happens in the NHL with other "star or elite " players creates an uneven analysis and unrealistic expectations as well.

Let me put it another way if Schultz goes 1-4-5 in his next 10 games does everyone expect different NHL results? I sure don't as the skill set and the scouting has been done but we have to stop and do a reality check sometimes with small samples and yes 28 games is still a small sample over a whole season.
In what way are 15-20 guys who probably have a combined 5% chance of seeing a single NHL game "the big picture"?

RNH, Eberle, Hall and Schultz are the big picture. Not Alex Plante, Josh Green, etc.

One group is winning games for OKC. The other is doing the opposite.

Last edited by McDNicks17: 12-27-2012 at 03:31 AM.
McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote