Old
12-27-2012, 05:38 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Hamilton is more then likely just falling into some bad habits... He is in desperate need to be around guys like Julien and Chara IMO.

As far as Subban, I can understand Spott not wanting to create distraction in net, but Subban right now may be the second best goalie on TC. I know he has the track record and all, but he is under a load of pressure right now.
I was a big fan of both goalies in their draft years and actually wanted the Bruins to draft Binnington two years ago - but that's a story for a different day.

Subban got the starters for three reasons: He has more international experience, he handles the pressure slightly better than Binnington, and in the event of a shootout, there isn't a goalie in the tournament that has a better track record than Subban. (something that has to be considered in a tournament like this)

Spott isn't the type of coach to sit on his hands. If Subban costs them a game early, he'll make the switch.

Taking off the biased glasses here, but if it was my call, I would have started Binnington in game one and Subban in game two and gone from there.

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote