View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 06:42 AM
Dynamo81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Out shooting your opponent is far less an indicator of team effectiveness than puck possession and scoring chances. Slovakia counter attacked and were shooting from all angles. The actual scoring chances favored Russia.

Who said Slovakia is supposed to be the weakest team in the tournament? That's silly. I don't think anyone has Germany or Latvia ahead of them in their rankings.
x2 most people in this thread have spoken sense, a few however did not watch the game, do not know how Russia normally starts tournaments etc. Russia created a lot more scoring chances in fact if Nagy did not stand on his head in that second period Russia would have run away with it. I have nothing but respect for Slovak hockey so it has always annoyed me when people call them rubbish/crap etc I expected a close match, they did beat the Czechs 4-1 a few days ago which shows they are not weak. The only measuring stick for Russia should be after group play, only then will we see where the team is at. On paper this team has a lot more depth than the previous two years but Hockey is not played on paper.