*OFFICIAL* Sudbury Wolves 2012-13 Season Thread
View Single Post
12-27-2012, 06:50 AM
Join Date: Nov 2011
There has been plenty of speculation on what direction Sudbury will take post January 10th (trade deadline). Some of the factors:
- Dressing room. Both BS and TC have been clear in the media that they want character players. They have also been clear about the player wanting to be there...that they will try and trade those who do not wish to be there and will not accept a player in a trade who doesn't want to be there.
- Believe that management feel a 6th-8th place finish is acceptable because they believe what happened in 2010-11 when they knocked off Ottawa (who was depleted of their top players) will happen again and hance get to a 2nd round. In other words they feel that it is like the NHL - if you make it to post season anything can happen.
- CB will stay on the roster, will get more ice when players are out but believe TC will manage his ice time accordingly - however, this may/will cause issues with those 4th liners who will see less ice due to being on that line How will this sit with half a season to go?
- Believe that core of trades will include one or more of the following - Leivo, Corrado, Sefton and possibly Vienneau - but all depends on direction they will take. Believe Sudbury does not have much in the way of future draft picks (ie 2nd/3rd rounders) so if they understand that they will more than likely not make a long run into the playoffs they send the boys off to contenders thanking them for their services and get picks in return because if they don't...they lose two of these guys for sure to AHL next year.
- Shopping list includes a younger proven goalie to work with Dupuis. A PP defence quarterback. De Hann will be good but not sure if he will be ready for next year. This to replace Corrado next year but needs to be brought on now to work with Frank Two bigger scoring wingers...2 capable of 20-25 goals that can add grit Remember TC's style of game is a dump and chase, not possession You need the bigger bodies.
They have a good core of 95's/94's that will not go anywhere unless traded in a package with above players so they look good for next season, but need to fill the holes.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Hockeyfriend