View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 07:04 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustE View Post
so is the NHL. not sure if MLS will surpass the NHL, but there is no way the NHL should be group with the big 3.

the NHL is definitely closer to MLS than MLB, NBA, and NFL.

the NHL is closer to WWE and or comedy central...
Based on the annual revenue it brings in, the NHL in EXTREMELY close to the NBA. The MLS is miles upon miles behind.

There is no 'Big 3'. Based on annual revenue it's either the Big 2 or the Big 4. You can't exclude the NHL if you are including the NBA. The NBA is much closer revenue wise to the NHL than it is the NFL or MLB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
In 20 years, I'd say it's almost certain the the Canadiens or Leafs will sustain if not grow their local market and support and continue to be bigger than their soccer counterparts.

I can't say the same for Chicago, Boston or Philly... Nobody know's if Hockey will sustain itself in the US with certainty, but we can almost surely bet on that in Canada.
Again with the 'WE'RE BETTER THAN YOU! BLAH BLAH BLAH' nonsense. You sound like you've never stepped foot in the US, let alone been to a game in a major market here.

Big US cities in the Northeast and Midwest have VERY sustainable fan bases, nearly as much as Toronto and Montreal do. Support of hockey just isn't going to die. Hockey has been part of the culture of these places for a very long time. Get off your rocker, that is just a fact!

Quote:
Also, those 3 teams you speak of have been successful as of late, which helps your argument.
That doesn't matter. Even in the heyday of Bill Wirtz the Hawks would be much more valuable to a buyer than the Fire are.