View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 08:27 AM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
Looks like I've got strong support from the Wpg side for this one.

I have been a huge Enstrom supporter and strong proponent of trading Buff for youth and talent, but Spaling has it right about Nashville's needs. The question about Enstrom is, "Is he untouchable?" If not, then one can consider a trade for him, but only if the price is right, My price is youth, a forward on the verge of breakout and a first rounder (for reasons stated below). Maybe others think the price is different...

Yeah, I know all about low first rounders. But here's my rationale. I'm looking 3 years ahead for this team, to when our talented youth matures. Buff and Enstrom will both be in their 30s by then. Wilson could be on the verge of breaking out and just be in his prime. Also, this upcoming draft is VERY deep and if you believe, as I do, that Nashville may take a turn for the worse with the loss of Suter, we could get a highish first rounder. Now count our '13 draft picks and imagine what we could do with them.
If you are willing to delay gratification with this team, it's something to consider, although I'd much rather use Buff as trade bait than Enstrom.
I think the Jets could do a lot better than Colin Wilson if they do decide to move Toby. You gotta get a first line talent and a prospect or two, not a 2nd line center that may never beat out Little and a gambling chip.