View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 08:29 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
No, you don't speak for all Flyer fans. Bryz had a terrible first half. However, he was dynamite the second half of the season. He was 18 - 8 - 1 with a .946 save percentage and a 2.01 GAA. I don't get why most Flyers fans are so willing to throw the guy under a bus. If I'm Paul Holmgren, I make that trade 11 times out of 10.

If there's a trade I wish the Flyers would have been able to take back, it would have been the Kris Versteeg deal. The guy showed up to camp in Toronto out of shape and was sulking about being there. He ended up getting hurt shortly afterwards and Holmgren decided to give up a 1st and a 3rd to acquire him. He provided nothing when he got to Philadelphia and funny how the team began to sink when he got there.

Maybe the initial trade wasn't so bad. The contract that followed is what made it so brutal.

Those were nice numbers he posted. Then the playoffs came and he was only out-underperformed ( I think I may have made that word up) by Fleury of any goalie in the first round. He was better in the 2nd round, but it must be hard to play for a guy who you have no clue what he's going to give you in net. The guy can look like he's never played hockey before to decent to good, in one shift. If he's consistent at anything, it's inconsistency. With all the good young players on the Flyers, I'd rather be looking for a goalie (or seeing how Bob develops) than have this headcase locked up forever.

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote