View Single Post
Old
12-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix Rises 2026 View Post
I've only seen him in 2 games, but I'm fully on board with this kid. Based on his age and what I've seen thus far, I'd put him above everyone on that list except Silf, Lehner and Stone. Maybe Zibby, Maybe Ceci

This kid excels at every part of the game. We should all be very very excited.
wow, wish I had time for hockey this year... it seems I have missed something... the hype about Wikstrand seems a bit unreal, or a bit too fast for me...

Our 4th best prospect? Better than Noosen, Puempel, Ceci, Prince, Wiercioch, Zibanejad, Petersson, Da Costa????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
If the last two games are a proper representation of his play, anyone think you could put him in the top 20 of last years draft? I honestly don't think it's crazy, IF these last two games are an accurate depiction of his game.

And I saw him take multiple one timers in the first game...meaning he's capable of it. Also saw several touch passes which is a deadly combo with the ability to one time as well. Kid makes quick decisions on the blue line it appears pretty evident.
Andre Petersson was absolutely amazing in the 2010 WJC... He was as good if not better as Jordan Eberle. No one even talk about him now, or even consider him as a Sens top-10 prospect. I know he had size and injury issues but point still being made

I want to have faith in Wikstrand but I'd like to see his SEL adjustement first. Nonetheless, he's already a steal for a 7th rounder. You can't even dream to get a prospect as good with a late pick... Stone and Wikstrand in 3 drafts, wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
He has been playing phenomenal hockey in Sweden as well tying OEL's record already for most goals and outscoring a top 10 pick Swedish forward from last year. We're just excited by the amazing development of a 7th rounder from last year. No one is calling him Bobby Orr.... That's Karlsson
But it's forbidden...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Wikstrand will be a big minute top 4 two-way 30-40 point d-man. Book it.
The "end of the world" thing is over for now, we can take our time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Disagree here ap. You're forgetting an attribute that scouts look for that is one of the most important for defenders, poise and hockey IQ. Wikstrand always makes the perfect play it's kind of scary how good he is that you'd think it's just a hot streak. He breaks away defensive plays just as good as setting up offensive ones. It's still early but he is definitely playing like a first round pick, quite easily. Plays in all situations and no major flaws with a booming shot and has surprisingly soft hands for a defender.

His shootout goals are an example of that.
Maybe he will make Karlsson look like a #2 and Cowen like a #3

That being said

Cowen-Karlsson
Wikstrand-Ceci
Wiercioch-Blood/Boro/Claesson/Methot

The potential of that defense is amazing, that's why I don't understand when I see "trade Michalek or Puempel for a D-man prospect!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
What? Hell no.

if I had to rank our top prospects...
Silfverberg
Lehner
Zibanejad
Noesen
Ceci
Stone
Weircioch
Puempel
Prince

Then you probably still have guys like Borowiecki and DaCosta ahead of him, so he's not in the top-10. Hoffman, too. He's probably leap-frogged past the likes of Pageau, however... or at the very least is on par.

I want to see more out of him than a small sample size in a lower Swedish league before I start really holding him up as some kind of crown jewel of the system.
100% agree with that list!

Only place I'm not sure is Wiercioch/Puempel/Prince, really could exchange spots for those 3...

To round out the top-10, I'd have Da Costa. I'd still have Petersson just after, because I'm not giving up on him yet, but I must admit his season is underwhelming so far. Average play, poor production and being injured is not good for his development...

I could see Wikstrand right after in the Top 12-15 along with Hoffman and Pageau. Just before Borowiecki, O'Brien, Maidens, Claesson, Grant...

Last edited by Xspyrit: 12-27-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote